Homemade Caramel Sauce-that can make candy
Gooey, smooth and salted caramel
Homemade caramel sauce can be used to make candy.You dont want to miss out on this foodhack by one of our top content creator.Check this out.Wait,is it not illegal to not know how to make caramel sauce? Imagine the gooey, smooth yet thick sweet sauce on your cake, fruit, heck even use it in pancakes. You get what I mean. The salted caramel popcorns, yes, you do not have to miss out on your favorite snacks and desserts.
Gooey, smooth caramel sauce is made from readily accessible ingredients from your local supermarket. In this procedure, we add no extra chemical preservatives, just the organic way. Homemade caramel sauce is easy to control its color, from light brown to dark brown through its caramelization process. Simply delicious. Here is how.
How to make homemade Caramel Sauce
- On a pot over medium-high heat, add in 300g sugar (2 small cups) and 60ml water (1/4 cup).
- We avoid a lot of mixing for the caramel to be smooth. Just stir the sugar around to get wet from the water available.
- Leave the pot on medium-high heat, no stirring. You may need to wet the sides to avoid any burning from the salt, swirl the pot to spread the sugar evenly as it browns and thickens.
- Once it turns dark brown, or your preferred colour for your specific flavour, (you may leave it for a bit longer, just not too dark. The sugar burns easily), remove it from heat. The darker the caramel, the more a distinct bitter taste, so add some salt to level that up.
- Whisk in one cup of cream, vigorously into the pot. If the caramel is hot, the cream should be cool. Steam burn is a real thing.
- Add in 5 tablespoons butter, stir in until it melts. Return it to the stove on low heat for 3 mins as it bubbles up. Stir then remove from heat.
- Pour it in a shallow thick glass bowl to cool faster than store it in the fridge.
- For that thick caramel candy texture, when adding cream, add in some more, about 1/2 cup, and 2 more tablespoons of butter. Cool it in a bowl then refrigerate.
- It becomes solid so you can cut out your desired shape for the candy.
You just made magic and there is no going back. Enjoy this gooey, smooth salted caramel sauce over your favourite desserts and snacks.